A little crafty something.

I don't know about you guys but I have the hardest time deep cleaning my house. Let's be honest, I just have a hard time doing the basics. In my heart I want to swifer really badly. But at night (when I know it will stay clean for at least 8 hours), I just don't want to. I feel totally done for the day. I would rather watch Idol or scrap or relax in some way.

Lately I have noticed how deep down dirty our house is. But who has time to clean the baseboards or dust. A long time ago I started this family cleaning time that we have everyday. We all clean for a half hour togethor. I have assigned certain thing to certain days. Mondays we always fold and put away laundry.

I had the thought the other day that wouldn't it be great if we took one of those days and did a deep cleaning activity togethor. It would be cute if I a fun and cute system! I was thinking about a cute jar that they could draw out of it but I kind of wanted something different. I took one of the spinners from a game that the kids no longer play with and transformed it. I
measured it so that when I opened Photoshop I could make it to the exact size.

Another thing I love about PS is that you can find so much free stuff on the internet. I wanted a clock brush because I thought it would be a fast way to put numbers on the design. I totally found a free one! I have found lots of free brushes through Google.

I also made a list of 12 jobs that I need to be done around the house. I am going to add more lists once we are done with this one. I am also going to put the dates when each job was completed. I think I will put all the lists in a cute folder and then rotate the lists.







5 comments:

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

hmmm - think my to do list is same as yours! Love the clock!!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a fun way to get everyone to clean. I just might have to come home from work a little earlier now so I can try out the new board!

Anonymous said...

First time here visiting, I will be back, love everything...forget Disneyworld, Target is MY happiest place :)
Cracked up at your husband's comment!

Lindsey said...

I need children old enough to follow such a list. Can I borrow yours when they're done at your house? Tell them they can bring the same list over! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! This is such a cute idea :) TFS

Post a Comment