My big dilemma.

My husband and I decided a couple years ago that we were going to redo our bedroom for our anniversary. Our room was the dumping ground for toys and whatever else could land there. Our builders used horrible flat paint. There were permenent fingerprints all over the walls.


I am happy to say that after a couple of years, that is usually how our projects go, the room is done! I got the idea of this headboard from a magazine, it might have been Domino. In the magazine the headboards were just stained. I wanted to go for a different look so I thought I could just get cheap wood and faux wood stain it. I did that to a plexiglass frame and it turned out super cool. Well, the headboard didn't turn out like I thought it would. That has happened to me before. I tried to live with it thinking I was just being silly but I couldn't get over it. Then I found this amazing wallpaper in Target and I knew that it would solve my problems. After wallpapering the headboard I must say I never want to wallpaper anything ever again! I can't imagine the horror of doing a whole room. I would lose it! Of coarse I did this while my husband was on a business trip and I think wallpapering put me over the edge.


My other dilemma with the room was getting some cute decorative pillows. I wanted certain colors and a certain pattern which I guess does not exist. I wanted pillows to go with the room but not be so matchy matchy. I wanted them to have a geometric pattern that was modern with certain colors being dominant. I can go on and on. I guess a girl can ask for too much in this life. :) Then I found Craft Chi. She was like just make your own. I said ok!




I designed the pattern in Photoshop and went to JoAnn's and got the printable fabric. Then I printed it out. I was suprised that the design came out well. The fabric didn't turn out stiff either. I kept my pillows little because I didn't want to wipe out my printer. I still havn't checked the ink levels out of fear. I backed the pillows in a different fabric so I could save ink too. It is a really an easy project. I guess a girl can get exactly what she wants!







Here is it is all made up and pretty. My husband actually makes up our bed everyday. I totally appreciate him doing that because I have the hardest time finding the time. It makes such a big difference when I walk in and it is made up.



Here is the design from PS.


We have places to sit!



5 comments:

mean mom productions said...

Good job! I love it. Its definitely your style.

Stacey Michaud said...

Wow! You are very creative! It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! I love it! So so so very cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow...beautiful room! And, I can't believe your DH made that bed! Mine will make ours sometimes if he's in the bed last or something, but it's definitely not that neat.

Anonymous said...

The headboard is gorgeous! Love it!!!

Post a Comment